Summary of Changes
Highlights of Cloud Terms of Service
- Information collection and use. We included more details on what personal data we collect, why we collect it and how we use it.
- Legal bases. We added details for our users in the European Economic Area about the legal bases for our processing.
- Information sharing. We provided more detail on who your data may be shared with, which can include collaborative users (like other users of your organizations' Jira Align instance), your administrator, other Atlassian entities and partners, law enforcement agencies (only under limited circumstances) or in event of a potential merger or acquisition (like Jira Align).
- Security. We provided more details on the industry standard technical and organizational measures we use to secure the information we store. Please see the Jira Align Trust page.
- End users. We included a specific notice to end users to clarify the abilities of administrators over end user accounts under their control, like an administrator's ability to require their end users to reset account passwords, ability to change an email address associated with an end users' account or ability to access or retain information stored as part of an end user's account.
- Contact us. We changed the contact information for when you have questions or concerns about how your information is handled. Please contact us at email@example.com for these inquiries.
Highlights of Cloud Terms of Service
- Jira Align. We consolidated the set of terms for all Jira Align and Atlassian customers. Jira Align is offered under the Cloud Terms of Service (with Jira Align Product-Specific Terms).
- New Policies. Jira Align adopted several Atlassian policies, including the Acceptable Use Policy and Reporting Copyright and Trademark Violations policy in an effort to streamline our practices across offerings. Be sure to take a close look. These new policies include important guidelines on use of Jira Align.
- Service Level Agreement. We included a Service Level Agreement financially backed with service level credits.
- Atlassian Data Processing Addendum. We included the ability to request and complete our Data Processing Addendum (DPA) to help our customers meet their onward transfer requirements under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Cloud Warranty. We offered an industry-standard warranty against viruses, Trojan horses or similar harmful materials.
- Expanded IP Indemnification. We expanded our indemnification obligations to include third-party trademarks and trade secrets and to provide coverage across most countries.
- Security Measures and Certifications. We provided more details on the security measures we implement and third party certifications we support to protect your data.
- Sensitive Personal Information. We clarified the scope of sensitive personal information that users are prohibited from uploading to Jira Align.
- Government Amendment. We added additional terms applicable to United States federal, state, and local government customers, recognizing their unique contracting requirements.
- Orders. We updated the definition of "Order" to reflect the fact that many purchases occur in-product, or when signing up for or administering the Cloud products.
- Notice Address. We updated our address for contacting us.
- Refund Policy. We adopted Atlassian's refund policy, which allows you to cancel your subscription and receive a refund by providing notice of termination to us no later than thirty (30) days after the Order date.
- Removal of Jira Align Audit Rights. We removed our right to audit your use of Jira Align.
- Governing Law. We changed governing law and jurisdiction to California.